Monday, January 30, 2012

Log Cabin - Block 2

I've been having a play with the Log Cabin block the last couple of days. It is the February block for the Quilt Bee I am a part of. I'm glad I had a go at some practice blocks first as I managed to misread the tute and cut my strips a little too narrow for the required 8.5in block (not a good idea when making a block for someone else!)  No big deal for the ones I made for myself - they were for the back side of a quilt anyway... The tute we used is from Red Pepper Quilts.





Block 2 for the QCA Bee - Fiona requested "Gelati" colours, something I have plenty of around here :)


And since I was in a Log Cabin kind of mood - and I needed a block for another swap - I made another one!


I really like the black/white/yellow combination, will have to use it again sometime soon...

Kate x


2 comments:

  1. I like the solid color ones. The black and yellow are interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those black and yellow blocks too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!